Popular posts from this blog
Self- Dstruction
Cinequest Film Festival is taking over Downtown San Jose as we speak, and last night I went to the California Theatre to check out Tenacious DTour , a documentary that followed the D on their world tour in support of The Pick of Destiny . A funny thing happened when my friend and I went to pick out seats. We ended up sitting right next to Kyle Gass and his girlfriend. for those of you who aren't familiar with who he is, he's the other guy in the band who's not Jack Black. We had our momentary silent freak out when we realized it was him, at which point I quietly leaned over and told him he was awesome. He quietly thanked me, and normalcy was restored until a few kids came over asking for autographs. He obliged but soon realized the mini pencil he was given to sign with wasn't going to work. Thanks to my new Andy Warhol Happy Bug Day tote bag, complete with handy organizational top compartment, i had easy access to my pen. I handed it over with great joy, and he was abl...
bad news travels fast
due to the cryptic nature of my last blog post, I feel the need to clarify. Since the news has hit, i guess there is nothing left to hide. my company, american musical theatre of san jose, has gone bankrupt :( before you go posting messages of sympathy and well wishes let me say 2 things: 1. yes, it totally sucks. It sucks for all the people who have had to clean out their desks. it sucks for the city of San Jose: 75 years of musicals are no more. it sucks for the loyal patrons. 2. there may still be some hope for me and some of my box office peeps. I like games, but the waiting game is the worst one i ever played.






Comments