2001: 2 single gal's oddessy

it's
  • self portrait tuesday
  • : personal history


    2001: 2 single gal's oddessy

    the time: jan/feb 2001
    the place: arcata, california
    the people: jessica (left) margaret (me, right)
    age: 20

    when i look at this picture i think about how close i came to never knowing this girl. i left humboldt after my first year because i was unhappy. i chose to live with my older sister in this awesome house my first year of college because it was more cost effective. I used that house as a safety net, and i never stepped out of that net to try and make friends. i became lonely and miserable. i was convinced that being in humboldt was making me that way, so i left. after a summer at home, i reconsidered, and somehow everything just fell into place.

    jessica and i met at humboldt state university in the year 2000. we both moved into this crazy house around the same time as another girl named stephanie. we formed this little family and despite the condition of our little house, and out lack of funds, and the fights we would get into, it remains one of the best times in my life. an important time in my life. stephanie left us after one year, so jessica and i were left to continue our small town misadventures.

    self taken at a house party. one of many we attended that year. this was the crazy year. the year we fell off couches and practically broke our kneecaps on table corners. it was the year we drank on tuesday nights and drove out to the beach at night when it was way to cold to be there. it was the year we karaoke'd and sang freebird at the top of our lungs. i had a lot of fun that year.

    and, since she's a part of my self portrait tuesday this week, here is a meme i found at her blog:

    FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE:

    1. babysitter
    2. ass manager at spencer gifts
    3. flower cleaner
    4. data entry rat

    FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER:

    1. when harry met sally
    2. the wedding singer
    3. the life aquatic
    4. the nightmare before christmas

    FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED:

    1. my parents house
    2. the 426 (in arcata)
    3. my first real apartment (in arcata)
    4. in my sister's basement...holiday...celebrate

    FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH:

    1. grey's anatomy
    2. american idol
    3. south park
    4. reno 911

    FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN ON VACATION:

    1. barcelona, spain
    2. las vegas, nevada
    3. seattle, washington
    4. yellowstone national park

    FOUR WEBSITES I VISIT DAILY:

    1. hotmail
    2. insurgentmuse
    3. perezhilton
    4. imdb

    FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS:

    1. salad bar
    2. carne asada burritos with salsa verde and TONS of cilantro
    3. pesto, pesto, pesto
    4. cashew tofu over rice from hunans on the plaza in arcata

    FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:

    1. at the beach
    2. driving up the 101
    3. in front of the tv
    4. anywhere but here (at work)

    FOUR BLOGGERS I AM TAGGING:
    i don't know 4 bloggers......

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Self- Dstruction

    awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin