Outer-Sider

 


As i coast the slope of the street 

I look toward the sunset

I try to find the street between the stop signs


I’ve circled the blocks where the parking is free

where I can see the water just as I crest the ridge

along the muni track I see a block 

Where I can get a good cup of coffee

Where I can still get a meal under $10, cash only please

And that one place where owner has become my friend


I see a new store has opened that sells nothing I can afford

I see a small brewery that I like despite gentrification


Give me a cafe where the special is served on Tuesday

Give me a movie theater with a neon marquee

Give me a bar where the jukebox still takes quarters


I can’t afford to live there but visit often


comfort is a deep breath of salted air

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self- Dstruction

awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin