i feel naked without you


without a pair of glasses on my face i feel lost. like something is missing. it's as if i'm not quite myself. I have been wearing glasses since the second grade, and after a nearly 5 year hiatus from contact lenses, I finally got the proper eye exam using conacts requires, and ordered a couple of boxes. I mostly did it so that I could wear sunglasses on sunny days. I have been buying various pairs of sunglasses over the years in the hope that one day i would go back to contacts and be able to use them. eyewear for me is as much about fashion as it is function, so having just a pair or two won't do. At last count, I own at least 10 pairs of sunglasses and 5 pairs of fashion frames, along with my very stylish perscription glasses. a few days after getting the contacts and ordering new glasses, I couldn't help but model my way through my sunglass and fasion frame collection. people at work kept asking me if each pair were my new glasses (which hadn't yet come back from being made). my boss at the time jokingly quipped that only I would get contacts just so I could wear other frames for fashion. He was partly right. I got them so that I could wear my sunglasses, but I realized that not having glasses on my face made me look 1)tired, and 2)I constantly was tapping on the brige of my nose, pushing my non-existent frames back into place.

I am a glasses girl, always have been. always will be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self- Dstruction

awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin