in honor of twenty ten

my top ten of the last 10 : the moments, people, places, and events that changed my life this decade

10) Humboldt County - you were my home for nearly 5 years. much of who i am is because of you

9) the films of wes anderson

8) blogging, friendster, myspace, facebook, yelp!...etc. the evolution of social networking has revolutionized the way we meet people and communicate. it's effect on me is obvious. what am i doing right now? hell-ooo!

7) The Bay Area arts scene - Is this my career? maybe. maybe not. but it hasn't been such a bad way to spend some years of my post college employment. I have met a ton of awesome people, made some great friends, and taken in some great performances.

6) San Francisco - I love this city. I have gotten to know it pretty well, and yet there is still so much left to explore.

5) kfjc - I didn't think I'd last a week, let alone 3 1/2 years...and I'm still around. I have been pretty M.I.A lately, but it's still an important part of my life. The music. the people. the experience. We found each other during a time of transition in my life, and things have never been the same.

4) the new and / or revitalized friendships in my life. I have met many people in the last 10 years, a few have been highly influential and important to my current makeup. I won't name names, but I have a feeling they know who they are.

3) the continued bonds of my immediate family. we can still make it priority to be together as a family. I love that we really do like one another.

2) the loss of my grandma and father within a year of one another. two of my biggest heroes and influences. 2005 and 2006 were rough.

1) the births of my nephews, Zachary and Nicholas. Unconditional love comes in the form of pets and small children. being in their presence brings me copious amounts of joy


what's up next? I for one can't wait to find out....happy new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self- Dstruction

awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin