1! 2! 3! 4!...I declare a parking war!!!

I dislike going to santana row. let's just start with that. going there makes me feel anxious. for whatever reason, it's the place like to see and be seen at in san jose. at the krux of my anxiety about the place is the parking. for starters, there isn't any. you drive around, and around, and around for way longer than you should to find a parking spot in the joint. you start to get desperate, and you follow people to their cars, and you get into fights with total strangers. it's all very irritating.

case in point: I had made appointments at LeVande Nail spa for a group of my friends. our appointment was at 2:30 and we got to santana row at least 25 minutes in advance. 20 minutes later, thoroughly annoyed, we were still looking for a place to park. with time running out before the appointment, we finally come upon a parking spot. of course we spot it at the same time as another driver. delirum and fear of missing our appointment made me make the cutthoat decision of taking the spot. I say we saw it at the same time. they had no signal on, I jumped. They were none too pleased. Two younger dudes driving a very nice car, pull behind my bucket, and mug us hard core until me and my friend exit our vehicle. The following is a rough verbatim transcript:

dude 1 : THAT WAS MY PARKING SPOT, BITCH!

me: we saw it at the same time, and you didn't have your blinker on

dude 1: NO YOU FUCKING BITCH!!! WE HAD BEEN WAITING FOR THAT SPOT!

my friend: look, you're not going to get it talking to us like that.

dude 2: DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE IT, YOU FUCKING BITCH!!!!

my friend and i start to walk away, as the start to drive slowly

dude 2: (trying to speak low, but loud enough so i can hear) let's key her car.

me: if you do that, I have your license plate number memorized (i repeat what it is, along with the make and color loud enough for them to hear. )

they swing around and park in temporary food takeout parking, and continue to yell things at us until we exit the parking lot. my friend and I were very proud of ourselves for keeping our cool. we never raised our voices, never cursed back or said anything insulting or agressive. We have all been on both ends of this situation, so I know had the situations been reversed, our reaction would have been quite different, but I would hope that I would have moved on, irritated, but not felt the need to threaten anyone over a parking spot.

several hours later, we return to find the bucket in tact. I'm thankful for that, and hope that I never encounter something like that again. i know it can happen anywhere, but for some reason, that place seems to bring something vicious out in people. why? why is everyone in such a rush to eat overpriced food? shop in overpriced boutiques? get overpriced spa treatments? and more importantly, why do i keep going back? ugh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self- Dstruction

awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin