all-time, top five, things that are blowin' my mind. right now.

5 things blowing my mind right now

1. .aluminum christmas tree with color wheel

a staple of late 50s and early 60s households, these highly flamable aluminum wonders come to life with the help of a rotating color wheel. There is one in the window of a vintage shop in my neighborhood. I could stare at it for hours. I laughed at my best friend when she first told me that her husband wanted one. I passed it off as another side effect of his obsession with all things 50ish vintage

2. living in a great neighborhood within walking distance of cool stuff

the fact that i found the great aluminum christmas tree in my neighborhood is a great segway. Last night I had a lovely meal at yummy, affordable greek restaurant. this morning, i walked to the store to pick up a few things, and stopped to get a hot chocolate. tonight, i walked back to gawk again at the christmas tree and snap a photo. Then I stopped to get a slice of my favorite pepperoni pizza from pizza my heart on my way home. it doesn't get any better than that.

3. gus van sant's, milk.

this is not just another martyr biopic. It is moving, not just in its message, but in the way the story of harvey milk, his uprising and eventual murder are captured by van sant. no schmaltz. no grandiose speech scenes. humor. heartbreak. joy. devistation. this one's staying with me for a while.

4. the fact that i still have a job

in this crap economy, while pracically everyone around me was sent packing, i still have a steady paycheck. i'm not sure how that worked, but i'm just going to run with it.

5. google employee parties

since one of my best friends works for google, i have been able to take advantage of these events. this year, the holiday party at san jose museum of art. the theme was "one night in morocco" free booze. middle eastern food. belly dancers. art exhibits. souvenir photos. I met a kick ass girl named carolina who encited a dance off, taught me how to strut like a model, and showed me the quickest way to get the bartender's attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self- Dstruction

awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin