weight watch week 3

pounds lost : 8.5

so last week was so/so. i knew i hadn't been as strict as I had been the first week, but i still managed to drop another 3.5 pounds. As this week started, things were looking good. i went to the gym on monday night, and i really wanted to go another 2 times during the week. that never happened. let me start by saying that i like to go to the gym at night, generally 1 hour before they close. There are less people there and the machines i want to use are open. this also happens to be when i am the most busy socially. laziness + offers from friends to hang + radio station meetings and nighttime show = 1 trip to the gym per week X( DOH!

Then there was the food. i went to the boardwalk on tuesday. it was $.75 night, and for dinner i had a corndog and fries, for dessert, cotton candy and a chocolate dipped soft serve ice cream cone. We did walk around a lot, so at least I burned some of it off. maybe. on thursday, a co workers b-day brought pizza and cake. really yummy pizza and cake. we're not going to talk about that anymore. I fully admit that I have been stress/ anger eating this week. things at the radio station are starting to get to me. i am irritated at the lack of volunteers for open shifts, so i ate to take my mind off this. i ate fast food. saturday night, I met up with my friend in SF and we ate and drank, which brings me to another point. i have yet to scale back the roll of alcohol in my diet. i know this is one of my worst vices, but i can't make myself stop. we're going to move off that subject now. The way i see it, i will or i won't. The food i can modify. For the alcohol, there really is no modification that will be satisfactory. i drink to get drunk, not because i like the taste of it. Is there another problem hidden beneath that statement? not that i can see----yet. Today has been so so. I ate a decently proportioned brunch, but i topped it off with a dark beer. Then we took a nice long walk around the haight. good. later for dinner i had 3 taquitos. uh huh. Then i went to the theatre to watch carrie fisher's one woman show, "wishful drinking". i had a big lemon cookie at intermission. uh oh. i did share it with a friend. that's a little better. Tomorrow's weigh in is now weighing heavy on my mind. i'm going to guess that i gained 2 pounds. ok. could be worse, right? The important thing is not to give up, because i want to feel better, and the first two weeks, i felt great. i need to keep that in mind. i have decided on a motto for this process to keep me motivated.

EAT BETTER. FEEL BETTER

to better eating, and spectacular feating~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self- Dstruction

awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin