weight watch : week 2

weight loss to date : 5lbs

so week 1 went pretty well. I can already tell I feel better, I have not had any pain in my leg, and my ankels have stayed pretty well unswollen.

I shopped for the week at Trader Joes, and some of my favorite finds were the 6 pack of mini baguettes, 3 layer hummus dip (original, cilantro, spicy), reduced guilt sea salt pita chips, organic stawberries, multigrain toaster waffles, tropical and strawberry frozen fruit juice bars, pear and champagne vinegarette dressing, fat free feta cheese, and the ham and gurrere with carmelized onions thin crust pizza.

I told the meeting leader at WW as I weighed in that I wasn't as dilligent as I was the first week of my first time there last year. I faced some challenges.

Friday there was a pizza / cake party at work. The pizza turned out to be pretty gross, so I only had 1 1/2 small pieces. However, the cake was to die for, so I had to have a slice. I requested it be small, which it was, but still it wasn't that small. Then at the end of the workday, just as I was about to escape, I noticed some costco cookies that had been left up for grabs. There was one white chocolate chip macadamia nut left. ack! a weakness! I couldn't stop myself, and I ate that cookie.
That night I went to a Greek restaurant with some friends, and I was good. hummus for starters, and grilled chicken and veggies for the main course. I did have 1 glass of red wine, but overall, good, no? For dessert, I choose a mini fro yo over bakalava..i wouldn't have chosen it anyway. too sweet.

Saturday I did pretty good on portion control and staying away from empty calories, like cheese on my burger, sauces, snacking a lot during our movie marathon. Plus we got exercise with some heavy duty retail areobics. One of my weaknesses was exploited in the form of too many cocktails. I attempted to keep it light with champange and oj, but a few vodka / passion fruit mixers made it through.

i'll admit it. cutting back on my alcohol intake is one of greatest challenges. I LOVE BEER, but that is a big no no, so i've downgraded to champange, wine, and clear liqours. We'll see if i can keep this up.

As far as feeling better, that is a no brainer. The connection is not that hard to make. If that remains my only motivation in all of this, it's a good one to have. no one wants to feel like crap.

short term goals are a 3-5 pound weight loss for the week, and at least 1 visit to the gym, but hopefully two times or more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self- Dstruction

awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin