weight watch : week 1

in an effort to keep myself motivated and in control of my latest weight loss endeavor, I've decided that I'm going to blog about it. In thinking about the bad habits that have directly contributed to me putting back on the 35 pounds I lost last year, I safely say can say that I have:

1. portion control issues
2. a fast food addiction
3. an overwhelming urge to snack at night
4. equal weaknesses for cheese, ice cream, bacon, and donuts
5. a strong sense of denial when it comes to alcohol's contribution to
sed weight gain.

I would like to say that "this time things are going to be different" or " I feel more motivated than ever before", but at this point, I'm still a little skeptical. However, the fact remains that I am not healthy. I'm getting older, I have been having constant pain in my right leg, and my ankles swell on an almost daily basis. I have been overweight most of my life, but I have been active. This is the first time where I feel like I am having mobility issues, and it is no fun. Everyday activities are becoming more difficult, clothes are getting tighter, and I'm starting to see a 3rd chin. In a nutshell, the ugly truth is that I am obese. I hate that word. It sounds greasy and disgusting. I don't want to be greasy and disgusting. So, here i go again

I'm going to try for weekly updates that will include my weight loss total, personal victories, missteps, new food finds, and hopefully, photo documentation.

Nothing like an old photo to kick your ass back into gear. while my gear shifts may be a little rusty, i know they just need little time and attention to get back in fine form.

next up: week two, and the tale of weekend temptations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self- Dstruction

awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin