my 100th post! woo hoo!!! or, how i spent my summer vacation

old betsy
when i was a kid, a good portion of my summer vacations were spent with my family, on the open road, in good, old, reliable betsy. yes, my parents named our motorhome. she might not look like much, but under that hood is pure grit and determination. she is a true original. there has never been a hill too steep, a highway too narrow, or a road too rocky for her, no sir. i got to thinking about old betsy because i attended a family reunion of my mother's side on saturday, and i got to see quite a few of my cousins that we had vacationed with over the years. all the memories came flooding back to us, and it was pretty neat to recall the fun times that were had by all. my memories of those people and that motorhome will forever be intertwined with those of my father who is still alive, but very ill, and was unable to attend the family reunion. betsy is his, really. his pride and joy. and since he has been gone, she just isn't the same. she may be down, but she's not out. not ever. she desperately needs some tlc, and i'm not going to give up on her. one of these days, she and i are going to hit that open road, because there are so many more places she needs to see, and that many more that need to see her.

i saw
  • little miss sunshine
  • today. it was so many things. one minute it was gut-bustingly funny, and then the next it was horribly sad and a little depressing. steve carrell and abagail breslin as olive give standout performances. i highly recommend it, and it really makes me want a vw bus.

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Self- Dstruction

    awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin