these are a few of my favorite things

oh my! the past few weeks have been very fun and busy for me. i have spent most of my time shuffling between home and santa cruz, with a brief (but totally funtastic) visit with a good friend in san francisco, in between.

a few suggestions for your next sf trip:
-take
  • BART
  • it's cheap (only $10 round trip from fremont to san francisco) and easy to navigate, plus on spare the air days, it's free!
    -stay at
  • the mosser hotel
  • a wonderfully cozy and charming (not to mention so affordable) boutique hotel centrally located on 4th street @ market.
    -go to
  • the view lounge
  • on the 39th floor of the san francisco marriott. breathtaking views of the city. we were there at sunset and it was perfect. yummy cocktails too!

    summertime in santa cruz means on thing to me
  • 65 cent nights
  • at the santa cruz beach boardwalk. this means every monday and tuesday night after 6 between memorial day and labor day (with the exception of 3rd and 4th of july) all rides, hot dogs, pepsi, and most important element of this, the cotton candy, are all just 65 cents! this makes me happy because then i can ride one of my favorite rides of all time,
  • the giant dipper
  • , like a million times. ps. to get the full effect of it's greatness, you MUST ride in the very back.

    i have finally gotten around to listening to
  • Illinois
  • by sufjan stevens, and i must say, it is rich, multi-layered, and total breath of fresh air. it reminds of Brian Wilson's
  • smile
  • in that they both feel like rock symphonies. beautiful. i have listened to it twice so far, and i keep discovering new things to love about it. it awakens me.

    i can feel my life is about to change, and to that i say let my personal renaissance begin!

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Self- Dstruction

    awaiting the arrival of the great pumpkin